Songs for Having a Son – The Definitive Playlist
It’s no secret we are having a boy. It has been an awesome pregnancy so far, and one of the things we wanted to do before our progeny enters the world was have a song to remember this time – just like how couples have their “song” that stirs feelings/memories/love.
While there are many pregnancy songs out there, when I narrowed it down to boy specific I found very little to go on. Undeterred, I pressed on. After hours of digging, I came up with a baker’s dozen songs to choose from that were meaningful and fit our musical taste.
To make it easier for you, I decided to share this playlist so you would have an easier time finding songs for your future son. Get it on Spotify.
To make it easier for me, I want you to add songs to the playlist in the comments below, and I will frequently update the list. Thank you.
Without further ado, I present to you the…
It’s A Boy Playlist:
Songs For Your Son
- Beautiful Boy – John Lennon
- Hourglass – Mindy Gledhill
- Simple Man – Lynyrd Skynyrd
- A New Day Has Come – Celine Dion
- With Arms Wide Open – Boyce Avenue
- Sweet Child O Mine – Sheryl Crow
- Forever Young – Eddie Vedder
- Still Fighting It – Ben Folds Five
- Godspeed – Dixie Chicks
- Dare you to Move – Switchfoot
- Reach Out – Rob Taylor
- Innocence – Avril Lavigne
- In My Arms – Plumb
SONGS ADDED BY READERS
- When You Dream – Barenaked Ladies (thanks Jason Ziebart)
- Blessed – Elton John (Thanks Michelle)
- Return to Pooh Corner – Kenny Loggins (Thanks Jen)
- The Adventure – Angels & Airwaves
- Danny’s Song – Kenny Loggins (Thanks Jen)
- Just the Two of Us – Will Smith (Thanks Michelle)
- Father & Son – Cat Stevens (Thanks again, Michelle)
- The Day That You Gave Me a Son – Babyface (Thanks Rob)
- Anything Like Me – Brad Paisley (Thanks Brice)
- Closer – Better Than Ezra (Thanks Cara)
- Little Guy – Gord Bamford (Thanks Alaska)
- He’s Mine – Rodney Atkins (Thanks Kristen)
SUGGESTED ALTERNATE VERSIONS OF SONGS ON THIS LIST
- Simple Man - Shinedown (Thanks Steve)
- With Arms Wide Open – Creed (Thanks Rick)
- Forever Young - Rod Stewart
YOUR TURN. What did I miss? Leave your suggestions in the comments below and let’s keep this list growing!
And if you are pregnant and reading this, congrats, I’m so happy for you!
About Cole Bradburn
I'm a writer and doctor in lifelong pursuit of health, happiness, and adventure. I currently live in Raleigh, NC with the love of my life and our amazing little boy.