It’s no secret we are having a boy. It has been an awesome pregnancy so far, and one of the things we wanted to do before our progeny enters the world was have a song to remember this time – just like how couples have their “song” that stirs feelings/memories/love.
While there are many pregnancy songs out there, when I narrowed it down to boy specific I found very little to go on. Undeterred, I pressed on. After hours of digging, I came up with a baker’s dozen songs to choose from that were meaningful and fit our musical taste.
To make it easier for you, I decided to share this playlist so you would have an easier time finding songs for your future son. Get it on Spotify.
To make it easier for me, I want you to add songs to the playlist in the comments below, and I will frequently update the list. Thank you.
Without further ado, I present to you the…
It’s A Boy Playlist:
Songs For Your Son
- Beautiful Boy – John Lennon
- Hourglass - Mindy Gledhill
- Simple Man – Lynyrd Skynyrd
- A New Day Has Come – Celine Dion
- With Arms Wide Open – Boyce Avenue
- Sweet Child O Mine – Sheryl Crow
- Forever Young – Eddie Vedder
- Still Fighting It – Ben Folds Five
- Godspeed – Dixie Chicks
- Dare you to Move – Switchfoot
- Reach Out – Rob Taylor
- Innocence – Avril Lavigne
- In My Arms – Plumb
SONGS ADDED BY READERS
- When You Dream – Barenaked Ladies (thanks Jason Ziebart)
- Blessed – Elton John (Thanks Michelle)
- Return to Pooh Corner – Kenny Loggins (Thanks Jen)
- The Adventure – Angels & Airwaves
- Danny’s Song – Kenny Loggins (Thanks Jen)
- Just the Two of Us – Will Smith (Thanks Michelle)
- Father & Son – Cat Stevens (Thanks again, Michelle)
- The Day That You Gave Me a Son – Babyface (Thanks Rob)
- Anything Like Me – Brad Paisley (Thanks Brice)
SUGGESTED ALTERNATE VERSIONS OF SONGS ON THIS LIST
- Simple Man - Shinedown (Thanks Steve)
- With Arms Wide Open – Creed (Thanks Rick)
- Forever Young - Rod Stewart
YOUR TURN. What did I miss? Leave your suggestions in the comments below and let’s keep this list growing!
And if you are pregnant and reading this, congrats, I’m so happy for you!